This category, for the building of national professional associations of interior architects/designers, represents those not yet eligible to become Professional Members of IFI. Provisional Members are expected to apply for Professional Membership upon obtaining qualifying status as listed under Professional Member criteria.
- To apply for Provisional Membership of IFI, applicants must be striving to meet criteria for Professional Members, but may apply at any time prior – provided that they are:
- National professional associations of interior architects/interior designers
- National professional associations of architects and/or designers, comprising a section of interior architects/interior designer
- Up to three (3) association representatives’ participation at IFI General Assembly (IFI GA) as observers of this closed biennial meeting
- 30% discount on IFI endorsement fees for events organized by member
- Participation in all IFI activities with special discount rates for members of Associate Member Associations.
- Access to all IFI Publications at discounted rates e.g. IFI International Interiors Annual, White Papers, etc.
- Participation in IFI Global Awards Program (IFI GAP), Think Tanks, etc.
- Listing on IFI website with logo which is hyper-linked to own website
- Permission to use “Provisional Member of IFI” logo on all corporate materials, for current membership year, inclusive of member association letterheads, name cards, etc.
- Certificate of Membership on an annual basis issued upon payment of annual fees
- 40% discount on yearly subscription to l’Arca International magazine (digital)
- Global recognition through affiliation with IFI
- Receipt of all IFI communications – able to be disseminated to all of the association’s members.
- One-time Initiation Fee of USD1,000.00
- Annual Fees of USD1,000.00 per year
PROVISIONAL MEMBER WITH FINANCIAL HARDSHIP
This category, for the building of national professional associations of interior architects/designers, represents those not yet eligible to become Professional Members of IFI in a country in financial hardship. Due to this hardship, Provisional Members in this category are evaluated given general consideration and leniency for their economic standing. Financial Hardship Members are granted such memberships as determined by the IFI Admissions Committee.
Applicant must provide a detailed description of your current situation that requires you to request this waiver followed by documents that can prove the current situation (those can be tax transcripts for most recent year; copy of latest checking account statement; income and expense worksheet, etc.).
In case of humanitarian/natural disaster hardship, the applicant can submit a letter of corroboration and other supporting documentation.
Financial hardship requests must be applied for and reviewed on an annual basis. All requests are handled on a case-by-case basis and with complete confidentiality.
All Provisional Members are expected to apply for Professional Membership upon obtaining qualifying status as listed under Professional Member criteria.
Admission Criteria & Benefits as listed above.
- Annual Fees of USD250.00 (with duration of membership at this price point evaluated annually by IFI Membership Committee)