IFI Design Journalism Award (IFI DJA)
The IFI Design Journalism Award (IFI DJA) recognizes individuals who have delivered outstanding and impactful reporting and storytelling using any means of communication, that enlightens and helps to advance Interior Architecture/Design around the world.
Positioned into the future, this award is comprehensive, encompassing and open to all formats of published/broadcast journalism media including, but not limited to text, still image, video, audio or any combinations thereof.
Winners of the IFI DJA exemplify professional journalism ethics through transparent, accurate and well-researched reporting. They combine excellence in creativity and originality, with critical discussion and relevance. Awarded individuals are those who seek to increase public awareness and understanding of Interior Architecture/Design, whilst furthering and impacting professional design discourse.
All current IFI member organisations may submit a single nomination for the IFI DJA in each IFI Global Awards Program (IFI GAP) biennial cycle.
By nominating individuals for the IFI DJA, our members have the opportunity to help elevate their best national journalism to the world stage. Nominees join an entry pool of the best creative talent from across the world, whose work collectively communicates the most critical issues and narratives impacting design today and into the future.
IFI DJA 2019
IFI Design Journalism Award nomination deadline: 1 July 2019
All current IFI Member organization may submit a single nomination for the IFI Design Journalism Award (IFI DJA) in each IFI Global Awards Program (IFI GAP) biennial cycle. They are also eligible to submit a single nomination each for the IFI PRIZE and the Fellow of IFI (FoIFI).
Nominations may be developed by particular individuals or groups within a member organization, however all final nominations must be submitted with the full knowledge and endorsement of the submitting IFI Member organisation.
Individuals who do not officially represent an IFI Member organisation are not eligible to nominate. Lapsed IFI Members or those wishing to join the Federation should contact email@example.com in advance of preparing a submission.
- Call for nominations from IFI Members
- Members consider appropriate nominations from their network
- Nominee identified and approached for approval to be nominated
- Nomination details and materials compiled
- Online nomination entered and submitted
- All set!
- One photo of candidate
- One-page biography/resume of the candidate stating candidate’s achievements/awards
- Nomination letter stating reason for nomination
- Nominee consent agreement
- Abstracts for up to three (3) significant examples of work with a focus on Interior Architecture/Design, published and/or broadcast no earlier than 1 January 2015. Works may comprise a combination of types of journalism media, including but not limited to text, still image, video, audio or any combination thereof. Entries should be accompanied by postal submission of one soft copy of the original work.
- Impacted and influenced Interiors, its development and public awareness
- Provided accessibility, value and usefulness to both Interior’s profession and general public
- Served interest of readers while showcasing Interiors discipline
- Elicited reader/viewer engagement
- Demonstrated originality, creativity, style
- Embodied quality, accuracy and depth of reporting/storytelling
- Exemplified journalism professional ethics: integrity, transparency, sourcing rigor and comprehensiveness, enterprise, commitment, dedication to public good
Free to enter.
- Nominations are checked for eligibility by IFI Secretariat
- Nominations are initially considered by the IFI Awards Committee, who select nominations for jury review
- Selected nominations are shared with the IFI DJA jury
- From a shortlist of three, a single winner is selected for the IFI DJA
The winner of the IFI DJA will be announced in Fall 2019, ahead of their appearance as a special guest at the IFI GAP Awards Gala dinner – part of the 2019 IFI CONGRESS – in Dubai, UAE in November 2019.
Conditions of Entry
- A nomination must be made within the official deadline
- A nomination shall comply with all stipulated rules
- All nominations are free of charge
- Nominations shall only be valid for one (1) IFI Global Awards Program (IFI GAP) biennial cycle
- Failing selection, candidates may be re-nominated in subsequent cycles
- Each nominee shall only be awarded once
- Nominee is not restricted to any specific field (e.g. nominees can be scholars, practitioners, educators, etc.)
- Self-nominations do not qualify
- Any nominee with immediate family or work partners involved in the jury should be declared
- Posthumous nominations shall not be considered
- In case a nominee is name winner within one month after his/her death, he/she would remain an IFI laureate