IFI CONGRESS & GA
26-28 February 2020 | Dubai, UAE
As the biannual gathering of IFI members and international Interior Architecture/Design community, the IFI CONGRESS & General Assembly (GA) is a significant program in the industry calendar. The 13th IFI CONGRESS – DESIGN 2050 – Technology. Design. Education. – is organized in collaboration with the Association of Professional Interior Designers (APID) and hosted by the City of Dubai, U.A.E.
At the request of APID, this event will now take place 26-28 February 2020 (rescheduled from 13-15 November, 2019). Please check back soon for more program details.
DESIGN 2050 – Technology. Design. Education.
With today’s rapid pace of change and innovation, comes an evolution in our everyday lifestyles, environmental concerns, and relationships to both place and fellow peoples. Our built environment is of fundamental importance to design considerations seeking to keep abreast and ahead of these transitions, to promote quality of life and benefits to all. Engaging this spirit of innovation and ambition, IFI CONGRESS 2019 proudly embraces one of the most contemporary cities of our time – Dubai. The capital of the Emirate of Dubai and one of the 7 United Arab Emirates, Dubai celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2020.
Established as a city built beyond traditional patterns, Dubai is seen as a laboratory for new technologies and exploration of ideas for the advancement of human experience. Its ambitious frameworks for a fully supported society, in which technology and design shape the human experience and occupied environment, are filled with both possibilities and challenges. In dealing with our ever-more extreme environmental conditions, Dubai also offers opportunities as a testing ground for new sustainability-led design learning.
With this exciting city as its backdrop, IFI DESIGN 2050 – Technology. Design. Education probes our collective future, targeting new and deeper understanding for these three foundational aspects shaping our future.
About the IFI CONGRESS
Every two years the International Federation of Interior Architects and Designers (IFI) convene global industry representatives and invited keynote speakers to share progressive ideas, knowledge, and developments which affect and shape the evolving practice of Interior Architecture/Design worldwide.
Hosted by IFI member organizations and a partner city, this biennial event has collaborated with design communities across the globe including most recently Lagos, Nigeria and Gwangju, South Korea. IFI CONGRESS participants reflect the federation’s global reach and diverse network, with delegates including IFI members and supporters, interior architects/designers, educators, policymakers, industry representatives and stakeholders from across the globe.
The IFI Congress program seeks to identify and debate challenges affecting the field of interiors, as well as the potential for design to impact and promote positive change in society. It provides an important platform for sharing current research and design solutions advancing innovation at both local and global levels and features premier thought leaders from the global interior architecture and design profession.
A multi-faceted, multi-day experience, the IFI CONGRESS program evolves to reflect its host city, but generally includes the following components:
- Key-note sessions and panel discussions – Over twelve hours of mainstage talks and conversation on the topic of Interior architecture and design, featuring a mix of international and local speakers.
- Industry workshops – Smaller, more intimate sessions dedicated to debating advancements in policy and practice that impact the Interiors profession.
- IFI Global Awards Program Gala Dinner – A prestigious industry event featuring the recipients of the coveted IFI Prize, the IFI Design Journalism Award, and new IFI Fellows, alongside the live announcement of IFI’s Design Distinction Award winners.
- Cultural Tours – Explore the host city on a curated program of local tours and visits, ranging from cultural landmarks to hidden design discoveries.
- IFI General Assembly – The official meeting of IFI’s international members to discuss the federation’s strategic planning, programming and governance.
- Opening Ceremony and Receptions – Delegates are invited to attend a number of social events organized by the host organization, city and CONGRESS partners.