Fellow of IFI (FoIFI)
Fellows of IFI (FoIFI) are individuals who have displayed outstanding and exemplary professional leadership and international achievements within the Interior Architecture/Design discipline. They are selected and recognized by the Federation directly for their contribution to thought, leadership and advancement of the profession, through excellence in practice and their work advocating within and beyond the design community.
Fellowships are awarded every two years and chosen by an IFI appointed selection committee from nominations made by IFI Members.
A complete list of the historic and recently inaugurated Fellows of IFI can be found here.
Fellow of IFI (FoIFI) 2023
All current IFI Member organization may submit a single nomination for the Fellow of IFI (FoIFI) in each IFI Global Awards Program (IFI GAP) biennial cycle. They are also eligible to submit a single nomination each for the IFI PRIZE and the IFI Design Journalism Award (IFI DJA).
Nominations may be developed by particular individuals or groups within a member organization, however all final nominations must be submitted with the full knowledge and endorsement of the submitting IFI Member organization.
Individuals who do not officially represent an IFI Member organization are not eligible to nominate. Lapsed IFI Members or those wishing to join the Federation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of preparing a submission.
- Call for nominations from IFI Members
- Members consider appropriate nominations from their network
- Nominee identified and approached for approval to be nominated
- Nomination details and materials compiled
- Online nomination entered and submitted
- All set!
Nominations are required to include the following materials for jury consideration:
- Letter of Nomination (from the nominating IFI Member organization), plus any other supporting letters of recommendation
- High-res portrait photo of nominee
- One-page biography / resume of nominee, including details of awards and honors to date
- Nominee consent agreement
- At least three samples of representative work. These may include Interior Architecture/Design built projects, published academic works or other relevant materials.
- Exceptional international contribution, service and achievement within the Interior Architecture/Design profession and discipline
- International promotion, public awareness and/or advocacy for Interior Architecture/Design
- Publicly recognized professional achievement for regional or international service to, and advancement of, the profession (i.e. practice, education, research, etc.)
- Leadership and innovation of topical, noteworthy and exemplary international programming and events coordination
- Outstanding service to the profession and its progression within the IFI global community
Free to enter.
- Nominations are checked for eligibility by IFI Secretariat
- Nominations are considered by the IFI Selection Committee, comprising the IFI President, President-Elect, CEO and nominated board members
- From a shortlist of ten, a maximum of three (3) Fellows winners are selected for recognition
IFI Fellows will be announced ahead of their appearance as a special guest at the IFI GAP Awards Gala dinner.
Conditions of Entry
- A nomination must be made within the official deadline
- A nomination shall comply with all stipulated rules
- All nominations are free of charge
- Nominations shall only be valid for one (1) IFI Global Awards Program (IFI GAP) biennial cycle
- Failing selection, candidates may be re-nominated in subsequent cycles
- Each nominee shall only be awarded once
- Nominee is not restricted to any specific field (e.g. nominees can be scholars, practitioners, educators, etc.)
- Self-nominations do not qualify
- Any nominee with immediate family or work partners involved in the jury should be declared
- Posthumous nominations shall not be considered
- In case a nominee is named winner within one month after his/her death, he/she would remain an IFI laureate